Sunday, May 9, 2010

Where have you been, dude?

Well, I've been spending way too much time lately playing Pokemon. I've sunk in over 100 hours into the game and I only got it Apr. 28.

I love the game, especially because I can trade Pokemon over wi-fi, which has been absolutely essential in order to complete my Pokedex. I have, in addition to my starter chikorita, a cyndaquil, a charizard, and a venusaur, the last two of which are still in my party, though I'm thinking of switching venusaur with a metagross or similar.

Anyway one of the things I love about the game is collecting all the pokemon and giving them silly and ludicrous nicknames. In fact, someone out there in the internet world has a chikorita out there that I bred named Marty Grass. I'm at the time of writing this actually raising a diglett into a dugtrio with the name of "Molenester". I'm almost tempted to put it on the internet for trade just so that I can ruin pokemon for some poor unsuspecting 8-year-old but I figure it'll get the FBI on my case. Still, it'd be funny to see what his (or her -- because a lot of girls play pokemon too) parent thought of it.

Incidentally if you have a fourth-generation pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) and are interested in trading, I am totally up for it. If you'd like one of the original starters (bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle) I can probably provide, and am working on the same for each of the second-generation ones (chikorita, totodile, and cyndaquil), and am willing to catch/breed any of the HeartGold exclusives. My only exception is legendaries, unless you're willing to trade back -- for the sake of pokedex completion. I want one of every evolutionary line for the Johto 'dex, which HG can provide in terms of legendaries minus maybe Mew and Jirachi or whatever.

I have a number of 'mon in a box for trade right now, including a number of baby pokemon (pichu, smoochum, happiny, elekid, magby) and a few extra exclusives to HG. I'm looking for a Skarmory at the moment, but I haven't seen a trainer with one so I can't trade for it over GTS.

Anyway long story short I am a pokeholic and probably need professional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment